John & Brittany

John & Brittany

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Two years in and a lifetime to go.

Today marks my two-year wedding anniversary. I can recount every emotion from that day — getting my hair done, hanging out with my mom, sitting with my best friends in anticipation of my pronouncement as a wife and seeing my soon-to-be husband for the first time as we paraded around the plantation grounds taking photos and talking of what would be our life together. I never imagined it so good.
Our first look.
I give glory to God that my husband is the epitome of a Biblical husband. He is patient and kind, always willing to serve. He is committed and diligent. He is hard-working, honorable and selfless. He rises early every morning to commune with the Father. He always looks for ways to serve me better in order to show me Jesus.

I am grateful every morning. I don't want to take my days with my husband for granted because I know so many who would give anything for just one more day with theirs. And I don't want to see the days rush by in hopes of something better to come. But mostly, I don't want to allow my affections for him to place him as a Savior status in my heart.

Bridal party.
The minute I begin relying on John for my every need and want, I have set him up for failure. You see, that is not what God created him for. Jesus is my Savior. He is all I need. John is the sweet gift of grace in my life that shows me just a glimpse of Christ's great love for me. I'm so thankful God has granted me the promise of eternal life and that my earthly life is lined with graces and mercies. I am so thankful John is my bridegroom, leading me to the foot of the cross.

Here's to celebrating two years of marriage complete and entering our third! I pray God will continue to keep our marriage in His hands, knowing it is only by His great work that we are able to live, move and have our being.

Check out our wedding highlights video and enjoy being a part of the best day of my life.



No comments:

Post a Comment